The BIG Sleazy

Me + whatever I feel like typing....

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hear.

The rain softly spoke to me, it said "don't go"

The cold kept quietly whispering in my ear "You don't have to leave"

The bedsheet, bathed in our body heat and embracing, asked me "Why don't you stay?"

The blanket, old and wise, guarding over us like a sentry in dawn told me "Move close to her"

Her hair, flowing like an untamed river on the pillow ground, beautiful in it's indecision of flow, murmmered to me "Come near me, I smell of comfort and familiarity"

Her skin, smooth and young, a terrain of familiar features and markings reminding me of home, requested from me "Come feel my warmth"

Upon the first caress, the first landing she turned and enveloped me with her arms, holding me close, still asleep, probably holding on a sweet dream and my body screamed to me "don't move, just stay, there's peace in her arms, a kind the world has never known"

All the while the minutes mocked me, shouting "This will all end"
Each minute more condescending than the last
Each minute growing more irksome as it neared it's end.
Losing it's precious few seconds, it saved it's last breath to tell me the futility of it all.
Each minute sent by the world to drag me closer to our eventual reunion.

Then her warm breath on my neck drowned out the minute's voice
Her scent quieting all, friend and foe, speaking only to me it said "Let it be, just let it be"

and that's all I needed to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home