The BIG Sleazy

Me + whatever I feel like typing....

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

FOR MY PARENTS

UNCARVED



I remained a stone uncarved
a mere vision waiting to be
lost to see the world at large
untill my father's eyes were chiseled in me

I carved within me my mother's feet
so I should stand strong on the dreary roads
emboldened by my father's heart
that I may never fear letting go

I felt the breeze brush my face
wrapped my in my mother's skin
her blood rivered through my veins
so that I may feel the love of my kin

Etched upon me their lines of wisdom
chasms weaving with their echoes of age
my lips gashed with sorrowed whispers
in their pain resting the words of a sage.

I am my mother's mind
but warriors engaged, never to think the same
I am my father's thighs
though I carry burdens of a different name.

I am no more a god's creation
than a child born able and free
For I remained a stoned uncarved
and then my father's eyes were chisled in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home