The BIG Sleazy

Me + whatever I feel like typing....

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If this is love, let me out.

Ah, the Love Guru...anyone else seen this movie? It's Mike Myers first non animated movie in 5 years. Now, I like Mike Myers, I think he is a talented guy. I loved his work on SNL. I loved Austin Powers (all 3 of them, 3rd one out of love for the previous 2) and Wayne's world....but Mike...WTF??? I am not sure how to define Love Guru. As a requiem for Mr. Myers career or a rusty attempt at writing and starring after a long break from traditional cinema...I like to think it's the latter.

So by now you've guessed whether the movie is funny or not. To make it perfectly clear, it's not, it's the antithesis of funny and I say so not because it's a drama, but because it's a comedy...or supposed to be one. It's also downright tedious to watch, embarrasing, awkward, disjointed and other words I can't think of.

One of the opening scenes of the movie shows Guru Pitka (Mike Myers) sticking his head up his own ass while doing yoga, that pretty much sums up what the rest of the movie will be like. Sad part is I actually liked the trailer even though I saw signs of this being a stinker. However, Mike Myers looks to be having a blast playing this guy but it seems like he is the only one who gets the joke. Rest of the characters just stand around looking awkward.

Oh well, atleast I didn't pay for the movie, only lost 90 precious minutes of my life. Here's to hoping Mike's future work is better than this and judging by how bad this movie is (here's a fun game to play if you, unfortunetly, got roped into seeing this movie and can't back out; count how many people are in the theater and how many times they laugh...I bet you can count it all on one hand) anything, ANYTHING, will be better than this. Mike Myers putting on his clothes has more potentail to elicit laughs that this movie.

Im gonna go now and watch The 40 year old virgin and gain my faith in comedy again.



P.S There are more penis jokes in this movie than you can keep track of. Seriously, it's pretty much the foundation of the movie. A shitty one at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home